Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas

This year Christmas was a lot of fun. It is the first year that Dane understood Santa Claus.
On Christmas Eve we tried to get him all excited about Santa coming in the night. Dane said that he didn't want Santa to come because he is scary. It probably didn't help that a few days earlier Dane wouldn't clean up a mess that he had made and Scott told him that if he didn't Santa was going to bite his toes while he was sleeping! Needless to say, Dane cleaned up his mess, but now is terrified of Santa. Thanks to dad! Kids believe everything.
We tried to wake him up early, but he didn't want to wake up. We tried for about 5 minutes, but it wasn't until we opened his bedroom door and said "Look at all the toys!!!" that he got up. He was excited. He got just what he wanted! Isn't Santa smart!


4 comments:

Rick and Kori said...

I'm so glad you are posting again! I'm sorry you had to go through some yucky stuff last year. This year will be better! Dane is adorable as ever! I have never been ice skating either. I think if I ever went I would be just like you. I would go really slow and be terrified :)

Lawson Family said...

Yay! It's good to have you back! Kids are funny, aren't they? I wonder what it is about Santa that freaks so many kids out?

Emily M said...

I agree- glad you are back! It is about time! I looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We went ice skating last year- it was pretty fun. Here is to a great year for your little family!

April Weeks said...

Hey Kara, somehow I didn't get on your invite list for your blog. Would you do that for me... invite me? Thanks,I've missed watching and knowing what's going on.