Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Winter Fun

One thing that we weren't looking forward to about moving back to Cache Valley were the winters. We had two warm winters in St. George and then Hawaii. We were getting used to the heat. But we have actually been having a GREAT winter! It has been snowing so much and there is nothing more beautiful than a valley covered in snow, and nothing more fun than a bouncy 3 year old that wants to experience it. Having kids is so much fun, it makes us boring adults act like kids again, something I think is so important for our well being.

Last night for family home evening we did something that I have never done in my life. Ice skating!! I was terrified. I have been roller skating, but that was years ago, and only once. We didn't get any pictures, but we are going to go again, so stay tuned.
I am married to a multi-talented man. He can't even help it. He put on those ice skates and turned into Scott Hamilton! WHA.....?! Hi zipped around the rink like he had done it a million times before!
How did I do you ask? Well, I am happy to say that I didn't fall!! It took me about 15 years to go around one time. Scott would come by and hold my hand and I could go a little faster, but not for long! I would start to get scared.
We got Dane some skates that were absolutely adorable, but he couldn't stand up in them. We decided to let him walk around on the ice with his shoes. He had a great time.





We also went sledding. It was a lot of fun! We tried to take Dane last year, but he was too scared. This year he all for it!! He looks so dane (cute, I know!) in all his winter gear!
Yes, those are socks on his hands!

2 comments:

Karen Melander said...

I am so happy to hear from you!! Im glad you are doing good. I love the snow too. We sled all the time up here and sometimes I beg my kids to go, just cause I want to. Ha Ha We are missing a Boise and are making plans to move this fall if they work out. LOVE YOU!!!!

mary said...

Oh I love these pictures! Dane is so adorable!! Thank you for updating-- I love hearing about Christmas and ringing in the New Year on a good note. You are awesome Karita!