Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day #1 in Paradise!










(I couldn't get the captions to line up with the pictures! Any advise!)
Let me just first start by saying that
Scott did SUCH a great job at finding us a place to live!! It is perfect for so many reasons!! First off, Location, it is a five minute walk to the beach, we live with the locals, so not a lot of tourism, we live 2 blocks from our church.
Second, we got such a good deal for what we got! We have three bedrooms, not only is it furnished, but it is FURNISHED! We have bedding, towels, dishes, cleaning supplies, cable, internet, washer and dryer, all utilities are included. It is very clean and it already feels like home. It is cute!!
Ok to the pictures!! #1 (actually #2) My feet about to touch the pacific for the first time!
#2 My feet touching the pacific for the first time!!
#3 I love the crabs. They seem so paranoid!! They fun sideways really fast! It cracks me up!
#4 Dane...and his cute feet
#5 In the distance you can see another island. It is called "The Forbidden Island" You have to get permission from the Robinson family to go there. They bought the island in the 1800s for $10,000 and a grand piano. There are 200 natives there and they live the "old Hawaiian Way" Which means they don't have any modern conveniences. Occasionally there is a little cruise that goes over there, our landlord has the hookup!! We are going! Some day!
#6 Son and father bonding
#7 Me in the ocean!! So happy!
#8 More bonding
#9 Dane's cute footsteps

Dane didn't like the ocean! I think it was too loud! He kept running toward the rocks to go home. When we would go get him he would say "No like it!!" But when he sees the ocean he says "Oh OCEAN!! Beautiful!" Later Scott took us to the airport that he works. I got to see the helicopters, and they are beautiful, and his little office rocks! The company basically has the whole airport to themselves!! It was really cool!
The first day was awsome! I didn't get pictures, but Scott took me out to dinner and I ate the best food I have had in a long time!! The chips and salsa where the best I have EVER had!! And I got a pesto mushroom and goat cheese pizza on flat bread...SO. GOOD!!! And it was FREE!! Scott's job has a lot of perks!! I'm really happy!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm glad everything worked out in the end! Congratulations on the job and the sweet living conditions! : )