Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day #6 In Paradise


Day 6:
I'll just start with the pictures.
#1-This is Scott's sweet work shirt. He looks really handsome and professional.
#2-Dane and I went to the beach today. I was carrying Dane across the rocks, but I couldn't feel very well because of my flip-flops. I didn't want to lose my balance and drop Dane, so I wanted to take off my flops and throw them on the beach, and cross the rocks in bare feet. I took my first flop off and, of course, it feel between the rocks. They were brand new flops!! $45.00. The most I have ever spent on flip-flops was $12.00.
I could see it between some rocks, and it was in a place that I knew I would remember. So I was planning on going back the next day to try to fish it out. Then it occured to me that the tide was probably going to rise high enough to get it and maybe move it. So when Scott got home, he fashioned a "flip-flop removal device" and we went to fish it out. It was dark out side and I tripped over a rock, thus the ouchie in picture #2. But, the right shoe is now reunited with the left!!Scott is my hero!
#3- Scott being sexy in his shirt!
#4-Dane taking off his shoes! I thought it was such a cute picture!
#5- There are always rainbows! It is amazing!! I hope I never get use to it! Dane is close to where I lost my shoe!
#6-7-This is the almost sunset. I love it because it set behind the "forbidden island." For some reason it makes the island even more mysterious to me!! These are the first boats that I have seen on the ocean. Dane was pretty excited to see them.



6 comments:

Riley and Brittney said...

Can I come visit you - I'm so jealous that you get to live in paradise!! And Dane is so DANG CUTE - I can't believe how big he is getting.

Mary said...

I'm very impressed with your daily blogging thus far. ; ) And I'm happy to hear that all is well and your shoes were reunited.

Lawson Family said...

I want to see a picture of these $42 flip flops! It all looks very amazing!

mary said...

BEAUTIFUL location Kara! That 'Forbidden Island" has me intrigued.. I would be tempted to sail out there.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chris, Elyse & Kaitlyn Harris said...

Sure miss you! can we come live with you???