Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Goals

I had an idea to take a picture everyday this year and then blog every Sunday. I'm not going to call it a goal, just an idea. If I actually achieve it, then I will call it a "goal that I achieved!"
This is the first picture of the year. Mother and daughter. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this little girl. Sweet is the best word to describe her.
My other goals for the year 2012:
-No pop! This is going to be tough. Scott had a pop today and it was so hard to not have a sip, but I did it! YAY! 364 days to go!!
-Lose weight! Who doesn't have this goal!
-Run the Kansas City half marathon in April. I started training 4 weeks ago. So far so good!
-Be more out going and make lots of friends here. This includes making a friend that speaks Spanish so I can brush up on my Spanish!
-Connect more with my siblings. They are super cool, I need to talk to them more!
-Set a new record with paying off our debt. In 2011 we paid off a little over $15,000. I'll be happy if we get $16,000 this year! (We have a lot of debt! Helicopter school isn't cheap!)
-Blog more. I'm shooting for once a week.
Well, that does it!! I love new beginnings!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like some great goals! I particularly like that you want to make a Spanish speaking friend and, of course, paying off debt is awesome! I've got a goal to blog more too. Maybe we can encourage each other. :)

mary said...

These are great goals Kara! I hope you do take a picture a day, I did that with Abbey and I'm SO glad I did. They change a little bit everyday.

Unknown said...

Those are excellent goals! I love that you have been blogging more, it's so fun to see what you guys have been up to.

Karen Melander said...

You are SO making me want another baby!!! I love you blog...I miss you!!

Emily M said...

YAY for the blogging more goal!! And there are quite a few posts that I have missed!! Your little family is so cute- I miss you! I am glad that you guys are doing so well there. The post about the welcoming of Life Flight was awesome- I would've been so proud too!