Friday, December 16, 2011

Captain Scott













Scott and his flight crew.


The Pastor is blessing the aircraft.



Throwing on some Holy water.



Ribbon cutting

I love this picture!!

Dane spotted him!

Today there was a big "HOO-RAA" at the hospital welcoming the life-flight service to Garden City. Scott told me to be at the hospital at 4 so I could see him land. I thought there were only going to be a few hospital executives, but when I got there I saw that there were at least a hundred people (the whole town showed up!). I could see the helicopter in the sky circling around so that he could time the landing just right. All of a sudden a bunch of "suits" came out and the helicopter started zooming in! Perfect timing!! Everyone was oohing and ahhing and clapping! It was really very impressive (The pictures don't give it justice at all!) He came in really slow and hovered a little before he landed. I was so proud! Tears were sneaking out and I had a gigantic smile on my face! I am so proud of Scott! He is the coolest!!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Awesome shots Kara! Scott, that looks like a sweet bird... I can't believe you get to fly her.

April Weeks said...

It is so great to see this post! Such great success for you Scott. I hope you IS feelin really proud.
That's said with a southern accent by the way. Be well and happy!

mary said...

This looks awesome, congratulations Scott!