Monday, August 25, 2008

I did it!!!


Racer Number 972
Overall Place 308
Name Kara JORGENSEN
Home Town WASHINGTON UT USA
Actual Start 06:48:47.790
Gender Place 187
Age 27
Stop Time 09:14:10.480
total Time 02:25:22.69
Class Place 46
Pace 00:11:05.9
I did it! YAY! I am really proud of myself! I worked really hard! I had a goal to not stop and walk. I got pretty close to walking a few times but I never did!! I also had a goal to run the race in 2 1/2 hours, I beat that goal by 5 minutes!
Marathon Matt!!
I'm so proud of Matt!
He ran 26.2 miles. I know that he worked really hard. Right at the very end he started sprinting towards the finish line. I was really impressed. He was the one that got me to sign up for the half marathon. He was such an inspiration for me! Good job Matt! You are awesome!



The night before the race we went to eat at a nice resturant. It was a lot of fun...



8 comments:

Emily M said...

CONGRATULATIONS kara- that is so awesome! What a great thing to accomplish!

Chris, Elyse & Kaitlyn Harris said...

HURRAY!!!!! Congrats! we miss you guys!

Kim Madsen said...

Way to go, Kara! Everyone is proud of your for seeing that goal through is such admirable. style. Thanks for keeping us updated on your lives through your blog.

Hugs!

Aunt Kim

Carley said...

That is SO great Kara!!!! You are incredible...I could never do that!!! I can barely run a block without stopping to walk!

You are GORGEOUS!!!

theshaners said...

WAHOO!!! I am so proud of you! You are my inspiration. Someday that will be me..someday. How exciting that you beat your goal time.

LOTS OF LOVE!

Kim

Highlights said...

I'm so proud of you--good job! Let's do a race together next year!

Dianna said...

Kara you are the bomb.com. Pretty much you rule. I'm so proud of you and you look great. I'm glad we got to see you on your way home even if it was just for a bit. We miss you guys.

Ken and Cyndi Hoagland said...

Kara you are awesome - what a great accomplishment. It is always fun to see you guys when we are visiting with Dianna. Take Care - Cyndi Hoagland (Dianna's Mom)